Sunday, April 15, 2018

Reading Progress: Week of April 15, 2018

Hi, everyone!

I mentioned in my previous post that I'd like to get a good amount of reading this week. It's currently 6:12 pm on April 15. I'll tell you my starting point and then come back with updates throughout the week.


I am actively reading 4 books. For this post, I'm defining "actively reading" as follows: any book I'm currently reading, andhave read some of within the past 10 days (modified 04-17, because this originallly said "7 days"), is a book I'm actively reading. I'm clarifying that because I have other books you might call "current reads"-- books I started at some point, but have stopped for some reason, and I know I'd like to pick them up in the future.

Here are the four books, and my position in them, by percentage:

The Art of French Kissing by Brianna Shrum -- 62% done

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake -- 41% done

Camino Island by John Grisham -- 28% done

War Cross by Marie Lu -- 18% done


Both Three Dark Crowns and Camino Island are audiobooks, while the other two books are ebooks. As soon as I finish The Art of French Kissing, I plan to pick up The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan. I'll try to add an update before I go to bed.

Thanks for reading this!

Cimone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1:13 am, April 16

Even though I'm typing this at 1:13, this is an update for the end of April 15--i.e. everything up to and including 11:59 pm.

Before 9 am, during #ReadYourFaceOff, I read for 1 hour and 9 minutes. After 9 am, I read for 2 hours, 17 minutes, and 23 seconds. So, my total reading time for the day was 3 hours, 26 minutes, and 23 seconds.

Since my last update, I have made progress on 2 of my books. Here are the current positions:

Camino Island -- 37%; this is an increase of 9%, or approximately 26.1 pages

The Art of French Kissing -- 71%; this is an increase of  9%, or approximately 23 pages

So, I've read about 49 pages since my last update.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11:21 am, April 17, 2018

This is my update for yesterday, even though I'm typing it the next morning, haha. Yesterday, I read for 11 minutes and 13 seconds, all of which took place before going to bed Sunday night. I was listening to Camino Island. The main reason I stopped is because I was sleepy and had trouble concentrating. After waking up yesterday morning, I didn't read any published books at all.

Camino Island -- 39%; this is an increase of 2%, or approximately 5.8 pages. Admittedly, I'll probably listen to these pages again today, since I was so sleepy.

So 5.8 pages is my total for April 16.

Today, I really want to finish The Art of French Kissing and start The Art of Escaping.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6:03 pm, April 18, 2018

This is my update for yesterday, April 17. Yesterday, I read for a total of 1 hour, 2 minutes and 4 seconds. Progress:

The Art of French Kissing -- 76%; this is an increase of 5%, or approximately 12.8 pages

Camino Island -- 39%; no increase, but I listed this here because I did listen to it a tiny bit. I probably went backward a tiny bit, having to rewind because of the part I didn't understand the previous night.

So, 12.8 pages is my approximate total, plus a reread of 1-4 pages. or so from the previous night.

I have not read any yet today. My goals are the same as yesterdays: to finish The Art of French Kissing and start The Art of Escaping, even if I only get a chapter or so into The Art of Escaping. I also might read a chapter of War Cross, because it's been quite a few days since I read any of it. I don't want to forget what's happening. But, I really want to do some writing tonight, so if I don't even finish the first book, I won't be upset. Getting the urge to write is a good thing. :)

ALSO, I found out something great last night about Netgalley. I'll have to put that in a separate post soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7:26 pm, April 19

I JUST FINISHED A BOOK! Woohoo. I'm excited because it's only the second book I've finished this year. The first was earlier in April. My long reading slump has ended.

So, I just finished The Art of French Kissing by Brianna Shrum. Unfortunately, I didn't like it, but that doesn't spoil my good feeling. I'll review it soon.

The Art of French Kissing -- 100%!!! This is an increase of 24%, or approximately 62 pages.

I've read for 2 hours, 8 minutes, and 10 seconds so far today, and I plan to read a bit more later tonight. I'd like to make more progress in Camino Island, and maybe War Cross, and then read about 1/10 of The Art of Escaping. (2 "The Art" books in a row, lol.) I have a new digital ARC and haven't told you all what it is. I'm tempted to start it, but I think I'll wait until after The Art of Escaping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10:35 pm, April 20

This is a wrap up for yesterday. After my update, I read for another 3 minutes and 37 seconds, which brought the day's total to 2 hours, 11 minutes, and 47 seconds.

I think what I read was Camino Island. It was so late at night that I'm not fully certain I remember, haha. In those 3 minutes and 37 seconds, I didn't make much progress.

Camino Island -- 39%

As for today, I haven't read any yet. I think I will, after this update, but I'm not sure. I'm already getting sleepy, and I've been writing a scene throughout the day. We'll see. :) In case I don't update again, good night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1:16 am, April 23

Hi, everyone! This is my wrap-up for the whole week. I did not read at all on Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st. In total last week, I read for 6 hours, 59 minutes, and 27 seconds. I finished 1 book. In the coming week, I hope to finish at least 3 books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment