Monday, April 23, 2018

Reading Plans and Progress for the Week of April 22

Hi everyone!

It's 1:41 am on Monday, April 23, and I am just now getting to the post about my plans for this week. As you may know from last week's post, I have finished reading The Art of French Kissing. On Sunday, I read for 3 hours and 51 minutes and reached 67% on Camino Island. (Based on an error in the clarity of my logging, it's possible that I actually read for 4 hours and 24 minutes instead, but I doubt it.) I also started reading You Me Everything by Catherine Isaac, for which I am at 1%.

I'm listening to Camino Island while typing this, and I'm at 68%. I plan to finish Camino Island and reach at least 50% in You Me Everything. Once I'm done with Camino Island, I might do more activities that allow for audiobooks. If that's the case, I'll probably continue with Three Dark Crowns.

This week, I really want to finish as many books as possible, because I'll be doing Blackout 2018 in May. That means that I'll only be reading books by black authors. This is a good thing, of course. However, none of the ARCs I currently have are by black authors, so I'll have to either finish them this month or wait until June.

I'm not sure which ARC I plan to pick up after You Me Everything. There's a good chance I'll go with Good Luck With That by Kristan Higgans. On Saturday, there's a 24-hour readathon, which is a good chance to get as much reading done as possible.

I'm excited for this week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12:46 am, April 24

Monday the 23rd was a great reading day. I mostly listened to Camino Island, and I read a bit of You Me Everything. My total reading time was 6 hours and 3 minutes. Unlike my last digital ARC, You Me Everything has a page count in Adobe Digital Editions that is close to the page count listed on Goodreads. So I'm going to use real page numbers to track it instead of percentages. I still haven't finished Camino Island, but I'm very close! Current positions:

Camino Island -- 96%; this is an increase of 28%

You Me Everything -- page 16; this is an increase of 12 pages, or approximately 3%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2:58 pm, April 26

Hi! It's been a little while since my last update. I'm looking back at my notes from Tuesday the 24th, and it looks like I didn't read at all that day. I ended up going to sleep around 9 pm and waking up at 9 am the next morning, because I'd been sleeping little bits for a while, so I was tired. That night's sleep was great for me. Yesterday was Wednesday the 25th, and I read for about 36 minutes and 58 seconds. Camino Island expired, and I started a new audiobook. Today, my reading tracking hasn't been quite as tight as usual, but I think I've read for about 1 hour and 42 minutes. Now, I need to do some writing and writerly things. :)

The way I see it, Monday was a leisure reading day, Tuesday was a day for work and CPing, yesterday was a day of pitching in #DVPit, and today is mainly a writing day, with a substantial amount of reading, too. I'll try to update again later today. Right now, I'm not putting page counts in this part of the post, because I want finish blogging for the moment and put my writer hat back on. :) See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment