Saturday, April 14, 2018

"Read Your Face Off" 24-hour readathon: April 14, 2018

Hi everyone!

Today, there's a 24-hour readathon called "Read Your Face Off". It starts at 9:00 am and goes to 9:00 am tomorrow. I'm participating, though I'm sure I won't do the entire 24 hours. I want to get some sleep tonight, haha.

It is currently 3:31 am. I'm not sure whether I'm going to sleep between now and 9 am, because I took a nap earlier in the evening (technically yesterday, I guess), and now I don't feel tired. If I do get tired, I'll sleep, but for now, I figure it's a good time to talk about my TBR ("to be read" list) for this readathon.

Everything I plan to read is either an ebook or an audiobook. It's okay if I don't finish anything, but I'm hoping to make good progress; I'll be receiving a new digital ARC on Tuesday, and I'm really excited about it. It would be amazing to clear out a good portion of my TBR before then. Here's a list of books I plan to pick up. I might read some before 9:00, but if I'm awake at 8:55, I'll post an update here.

Any unfinished books on this TBR will roll over to Sunday, Monday, and the rest of the week if absolutely necessary.

The audiobook pile and ebook pile are separate, so any time I finish an audiobook, I can pick up a new one. I'll listen to these while putting away dishes, surfing the internet, or "cross-stitching" on an app on my phone.


Audiobooks:

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake-- 9hrs, 53 mins total; I am currently 14% done.

Camino Island by John Grisham -- 8 hrs, 46 mins

All Summer Long by Dorothea Benton Frank -- 10 hrs, 50 mins


Ebooks:

War Cross by Marie Lu -- currently 18% done

The Art of French Kissing by Brianna Shrum -- currently 24% done

The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan

The Pisces by Melissa Broder


So, these are all my options for the day. I have more books on my April TBR, but I'll have to assess those later. For now, I'm glad to have a good mix of genres, so that if I get tired of one book, I can switch to a different one.

As I finish typing this, it's 4:59 am, so there's just a little over 4 hours left. Maybe I can use that time to get some writing done, study the Bible, or both. Or I might just go ahead and get a jump start at reading. :) If you're doing this readathon, too, I'd love to know what you're reading today.

Thank you for viewing this blog post. I'll check in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment